Saturday, March 9, 2013

The artist within...

One thing that many people don't know about me is that I am not an artist. Okay, there, I admitted it.  I have never studied art, I didn't sketch as a kid, but I always wanted to be an artist. I have two brothers who are amazing artists, and I always wanted to be as good as them. But, I love art, and I love business, which is why I opened a paint your own pottery studio. So, if I can open a pottery and glass business, as a non artist, you can bet I can teach you how to do art!
Most of the people who come to my studio, tell me that they are not artistic, and couldn't possibly do the work we do. Yes, you can. Most of what we've done, we've traced, or copied. (Only about 1% of the people who set foot into Glazed Over are true artists). But, by gosh, we will show you how to do work like an artist!


This fleur de lis was etched using a template. This will be a class in April!


When our customers tell us that they are not creative, or artistic, we steer them towards glass. You do not need one creative bone in your body to do glass. It is the art of cutting, and breaking broken glass to form a shape or design of your choice! And you can even copy and trace designs. Then we melt it into shapes such as bowls, plates, platters, vases, crosses, candy dishes, necklace pendants, and more!


If you like to keep it easy, (1"x1" squares) it can still be a stunning outcome.




This was also done using a template. Easy breezy.


Come in, and be the artist you always wanted to be. We'd love for you to break some glass with us. It is so easy, and fun. We even allow kids 5 and older with a parent supervising.  (P.S. Men love glass because there's tools, safety glasses, and a little danger involved.) It makes a great date night, so don't forget your favorite bottle of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment